I've journaled since I could write, hence my insane collection of journals. Some I wish I could burn, those memoirs of pre-adolescence filled with such deep musings as, "I really like so-and-so and he totally glanced at me in the hallway today." I blogged a bit in college and have had a love-hate relationship with these things because certain individuals in my life at the time would take my written words, analyze them, then spit them back out to me as if all that encompassed me was those words. So, to whoever's reading this at the moment, know that I write completely for myself and it's probably not about you.
And if you're wondering what happened to "festina tarde," though I enjoy the concept, my husband was quick to point out that it sounded like "festering turd." Mellifluous is my favorite word anyway ;)
I blog because I cannot NOT write. Sometimes it's decent, sometimes it's really really mundane. But, I'm in the middle of working on my thesis and I think that writing for the sake of writing is good to clear one's mind and maybe some creativity will come out of it. Mostly, I just have so many words in my head that they often get in the way of everything else. Also, as a student therapist I'm required to write down a lot of things for a lot of different professors, supervisors, etc. and it's nice to write for me once in awhile. It's brain candy in the way that The Devil Wears Prada was to my insatiable reading appetite.
So anyway. I'm blogging again. Hooray.
No comments:
Post a Comment