Last night in the throes of scholastic fervor I leaned back in my chair to grab a book - when I righted myself, the book flew out of my hand and onto my keyboard.
I was so depressed and freaked out that I spent the morning backing up my files in case the Apple folks wanted to keep it overnight. I mean, really? In the middle of revising my IRB application, THIS!?
So, I took poor Apple (that's her name) to the shops at Willow Bend. After explaining that not only did I have a trick ghetto-lock mechanism that requires me to use an earring/safety pin/bobby pin/straight pin to open my laptop, I had gone and destroyed my keyboard. By the way, apple care covers NEITHER of these, because damage would be not the responsibility of Apple. The genius behind the bar assured me that he had odd keys laying around in the back and carted my computer away. As the minutes ticked by, I realized that the minutes were ticking by, which means he had been a long time, which is never good. Lo and behold about 15 minutes later he came back, pushed the button on the front of my Mac and IT OPENED! I could've kissed the guy, and told him so.
No comments:
Post a Comment