4.15.2008

you know what happens when you say "YES! I haven't gotten sick this year!"?

You get sick.  I think it all started when I took Jake for an hour-long walk down into the neighborhood where people were cleaning up their respective pieces of Destruction left over from last week.  There were lawnmowers, chainsaws, leaf blowers, and other bits of gas-powered allergy-inducing paraphernalia going to town.  I went to bed Sunday night with allergies and woke up with a sinus AND a respiratory infection.  What sucks about that is while I could skip my music history class and guitar lesson, I could not skip my music therapy sessions at 10:30 and at 2:30 because they're part of my thesis.  So, I went, then picked up stuff to make delicious cure-all chicken soup which I'm pretty sure rocked, even though I couldn't taste a darn thing.


Sleeping last night was hindered not only by my coughing and only bare ability to breathe but also by the fact that my dog has little nubbin feet and an elizabethan collar on at the moment. I took Jake to the dog park on Sunday to meet Nutmeg, a dog that belongs to some friends of mine.  He ran and ran and RAN around with her but also with an italian greyhound.  When I went to pick him up, I noticed he had ripped the pads on his paws - like, had little hangey bits of skin and was bleeding.  So the next morning we took him to the vet and they...made him look like that.  He's been wandering into walls and just stopping and whining like COME GET ME OFF OFF THIS THING I CAN'T MOVE and when the hubs put him in the crate last night he whined, turned his back to us, then kept whacking his left paw against the side of the crate in indignation. It was pretty hilarious, and also very sad so so we took pity on him and let him and the E-collar sleep in our room...first it was on his pillow in the corner and then sometime in the wee hours of the evening he jumped up on our bed (which i thought was funny, considering he couldn't get himself unstuck from the wall earlier in the day) and snuggled in right smack between us.

So anyway, today I dragged myself out of bed to get to piano class, then came home and fell asleep around 11am and just now woke up.  Don't be jealous, I feel like ass.

2 comments:

The Davis Duet said...

You're not an ass! My allergies are sucking right now too... and I just wish I could lay in bed... so you do it for the both of us!!!! :-)

Christina said...

done and done :)