6.18.2008
meeeelllltiiiiiiinnnnng
triathlon behind me (and I think I mentioned this in a previous post) my new goal is to become a stronger runner. I'm starting from scratch, as per a borrowed book about marathon training for the non runner. I ran Monday and Tuesday this week at Lady Bird Lake right after work. That's right. 5:30pm. I've always been a super wuss about doing ANYTHING in the heat (except swimming) until I did a couple Bikram Yoga classes last month. I figure that if I can do THAT in the heat, I can work out. Also, it's not like races are held at 2am just so I can be cool and crisp as I cross the finish line. In fact, the oppressive heat was a big motivator for me to get the heck off that triathlon coarse before I heatstroked. So anyway, running when it's hot as balls outside is no fun, and I've given up drinking pretty much anything but water and tea during the day, with the occasional glass of wine at dinner just because I need to stay hydrated throughout the day. I ran today too, just got back from it (BLEGH) and I am SUPER stinky. I thought about maybe NOT showering because I'm going to go salsa dancing tonight but for the sake of my dance partners my stanky self needs a shower.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment