9.24.2008

What's With Today, Today?

When writing a thesis, there's these things you do to make sure that your data is solid. Like a little thing called inter-rater reliability. What that is is where multiple people give the same test to make sure it is valid. I had the three teachers of the class I worked with administer a pretest-posttest test and today when I was looking at the scores I realized that instead of each person scoring it, they all. looked. exactly. the same. As in, they're all just copies of one person's.

I figured this out, cried a bit, then had to go do a session with a kid that is currently refusing pretty much everything for God knows why...it is just MY day today.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

:( Do you want me to send Cody down there to kick their collective butts?? Don't they know that they're not supposed to copy off each others' tests! I feel for you and good luck with that.

Melodie Ann said...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the title of this blog from one of the best movies ever made?!

Christina said...

haha mel, yeah.