10.08.2008

Still A Very Good Day :)

I had planned to go walk/run today but am going to postpone it to tomorrow - I instead went on a crazy goose chase for a pottery painting place with my dear Kate and we FINALLY ended up at one, after TWO were found to be closed and we drove to a place that was pretty much a professional clay-throwing type place. So, instead of running, I painted, had some (more) fabulous chili leftover from today's birthday potluck at work and had a beer. Tomorrow. Tomorrow I will run.

At the moment I am actually walking a lot more than I am running and that's because I'm starting to train WAY ahead for an olympic triathlon next year. As in, next summer. The plan is to train for the olympic and DO the Danskin (a sprint) and to start on the whole running workout thing REALLY early so as to build up strength and lose some weight along the way (which helps with everything). I don't really like the run 1 minute, walk 1 minute plans that only go for 30 minutes that I've found. Since I am so ridiculously motivated by music, my goal was to walk for one hour x3 last week, which I did (woohoo!) and then this week, run one song (I'm Yours by Jason Mraz) and then walk the rest of the hour, and add an extra day of walking. It doesn't matter when I do these things, as long as the run/walks are 3x a week. Walking is supposed to be a good, restorative exercise so it'll be good to intersperse my progressively longer runs with walks. So yay, triathaloning again. It really does help to think of even these little walking excursions as "training for a triathlon" because it makes me stick with it more.

I also had a really amazing day at work that was fueled by some serious motivation that has been lacking in my thesis work and in my group-preparation-creativity. I love my job, love that I get to go to work every day and make music and change people's lives.

3 comments:

idyll hands said...

This is making me tired just reading about it. I'll stick to walking :)

Kelli said...

I am contemplating the Danskin...... just contemplating but thought you should know!

Christina said...

Contemplation is the first step!