1. I just muted The Bachelor so I could think seriously about this.
2. I am at once grateful and terrified that I get to do the things I love most in this world: make music and help people.
3. I have started my own personal journey of a "spiritual renaissance." Newsflash: it's a lot harder to be in the Christian crowd when a) not all your friends go with you to youth group on Wednesday nights and b) some things done by the "Christian" community at large are really, hideously, embarrassing.
4. I wonder sometimes how American society has become this place where we are always judging and psychoanalyzing each other, even in close personal relationships, instead of just letting each other be.
5. It literally breaks my heart when I hear of friends who make poor choices and then have to deal with those consequences.
6. I am a firm believer in the power of prayer, almost to a "wow - she's crazy." point.
7. I also believe that Quantum Physics explains a lot of spiritual stuff. See? Crazy.
8. About every other week, the quote "I'm really glad you found music therapy because in undergrad there wasn't really anything you were really...you know...good at..." resonates in my brain. Outcomes are varied and often include self loathing and determination.
9. K and I have started talking about having kids, now that I'm nearly done with the degree and paying off my student loans is looking like it might happen one day.
10. and some days, it scares the crap out of me.
11. and then there are the days like yesterday when Random Kid randomly started yammering to me on the airplane about how he's really excited about going to see his mommy and the plane goed up and downed and do you want to get off the plane now?
12. I think people who talk to kids like they're kids sound ridiculous. How are they supposed to learn to talk and reason verbally? I've gotten the most respect and response from kids when you speak to them as adults.
13. Also, I think that when you expect adult things like saying yes and no m'am and not screaming just because your tv show is getting turned off if you do you're going straight to bed no argument, and eating at the dinner table with the family, you're doing much better by your children than 90% of this country.
14. I am blessed with the most insanely normal group of people to call family for in-laws.
15. I am also blessed with an incredibly eclectic, loving, funny, spiritual, random, mixed-up bag of tricks for a family that I seriously must have done some fabulous things in a past life to end up with.
16. I want to lose at least 30 pounds this year because I refuse to put my body through whatever having a baby and ending up at like 200 pounds would do to it.
17. I know patience is a virtue, but I can make impatience look kind of cute, so often I go with that.
18. I think Dave Matthews is one of the smartest people alive. Who else could come up with such wise sayings as, "tomorrow is no place to place your better days." or get away with the entire lyrics of the album "Crash" ?
19. My mom got debilitatingly sick when I was 9 and let me tell you - growing up that early ain't no picnic, but it certainly made me who I am today, which is, you know, fine, but somedays I wish it would have been different.
20. I only recently started self-identifying as "American." After traveling and living in different countries, I realized that we aren't as great as we say we are. It's getting better though.
21. I learned to crochet when I was a kid so, good luck - it takes a really long time to get good at it, which is probably why knitting pisses me off so much because I have only been doing that for a couple years.
22. It's not so much that I have crappy taste in music but that I have a broad appreciation for music, some of which includes a passion for, say, Kanye West.
23. I would drop everything for the opportunity to be a professional dancer like, in movies or on Broadway shows.
24. I think Kyle is going to be the coolest dad ever.
25. I need to eat a little tiny something sweet after dinner to feel really done with my day. Sometimes it's a piece of fruit, or dark chocolate, or better yet, both of those with a glass of wine.
So here you go - Suzy, Jackie, Kelli (if you haven't already done this), Daina (ha! you already did it!), Lyssa, and Megan
1 comment:
you caca. I totally did this on facebook, but I will rock your world and do it again on my blog. And I will even change some of the answers, which is the main reason that it will rock your world.
Post a Comment