2.22.2009

I'm just one stomach flu away from my ideal weight.

I wish.

So last night, K made the most amazing Mediterranean feast for me, my sis, and my niece. Strangely, I conked out for 45 minutes after the fam left, and then started feeling like tossing my cookies would be imminent. NOT a fun feeling. Mind you, I hate throwing up so much that I will do dang near everything to keep from doing it. So, the Hubs tucked me into bed and I prayed that I would not be LATER praying to the porcelain.

12:50am - I woke up, trotted into the bathroom and tossed every single cookie I had. Seeing as some barf had made it onto the ends of my pajama pants, I took a shower, then crawled, defeated, back into bed.

3:00am - Woke up AGAIN, thinking of spinach, and barfed.

Now, any of you reading out there who are prone to taking the smallest sniffle as pregnancy signs, please don't freak out. This week I hung out with a kid who definitely had a stomach bug, and then I went to my friend's kindergarten class, where 7(?) kids had been out the last week for stomach flu. I have spent most of my time these past few months alone, in my office, procrastinating on writing my thesis. You do the math.

This morning, I slept 'til 11 and have spent most of my time on the couch, re-reading the February issue of Domino, may she rest in peace, and watching Walk the Line. Hubs fetched me some goodies like vitamin water, crackers, ginger tea, bananas, and chicken and stars! soup but all I've been able to handle is vitamin water, tea, and just now I'm trying my luck on a banana.

Sigh. This is what you get when you say, "Gosh, it's been so long since I've been sick..."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Girl, I had it a week ago. It's terrible! I feel your pain :( Get better!

Michelle said...

boo! I hope you get to eat your chicken and stars soon!

Kelli said...

Yuck it is no fun. Disinfect like crazy when you are feeling better! Or get Kyle to do it!

rytrgal said...

I totally know the feeling! I got an upper respiratory infection last week and drinking a milkshake on friday was the highlight of my week.

I think I would prefer a stomach flu, though, because I would've had a good reason to not work. A really runny/stuffy nose somehow isn't that good of an excuse, no matter what the Dr says!