3.29.2009

March Music Therapy Madness

Typing the title made me realize that I already kind of used that title and I thought I'd give an update on the eye-makeup sitch. I ended up getting a quad of Stila eyeshadows and have been using it for a few days and I am HOOKED. I've wanted some Stila eyeshadow since I went to Spain and my friend Becky let me borrow some - I've always thought it was so pretty! Well, not only is it very pretty, but it wears incredibly well :)

This week went something like this:

Tuesday - Drove down to SA, had dinner with grandma, hung out with brother, spent the night in NB

Wednesday - Made a huge mess in my mom's kitchen making homemade power bars, drove to Austin, made dinner for The Great Kate and Ev, then went to the Saucer with friends to play darts.

Thursday - 7:30am continuing education course at the Capitol (!!!), lunch at Guero's, mall for new jeans, stopped by the state hospital to say hi to folks I worked with, went home to shower/change, dinner at conference, Ballet Austin performance, Swing/Shim-Sham/Contra Dancing at the Women's Federation or "The Fed" 'til 12:30am.

Friday - Music therapy conference 8:30am, lunch at Home Slice, conference 'til 5ish, dinner at Casa de Luz, met with friends at Shady Grove, played Rock Band with the boys 'til 2:30am. It was sort of accidental, that game sucks you in.

Saturday - More conference 8:30am - 5pm, dinner at Maudie's, 2 hour nap, Copa downtown for Rattletree and Salsa dancing, then Lucky Lounge to say hi to a bartender girl friend of mine, Logan's, Rain, Whataburger, home at 3:30am. I couldn't sleep so I caught up on Grey's.

Sunday - Woke up around 9, coffee and good conversation with The Great Kate on her back porch overlooking Austin, breakfast with dear friends, then hit the road.

I am so ready for a nap. Lots of cool things happened at the conference, I will blog extensively on that later :)

1 comment:

tgam said...

Christina - I am intrigued by the concept of music therapy. I have a daughter with Sensory Integration, ADHD and some Aspie like traits. She has been to traditional OT. Could you expand on what exactly music therapy entails and who would benefit? I am found you on Twitter as well.

Debbie
debbie@sensorysmartkid.com