Section 1 - thesis
45 minutes of a formal presentation of my thesis. Just learned that today - I have to do a powerpoint presentation.
Committee Makes Recommendations, Christina hastily jots them down.
Section 2 - oral exam
45 minutes of reviewing everything I've ever learned ever in:
Music History
Music Theory
Music Therapy
Bibliography (or, how to use a library)
The music theory & history stuff is all rolled up into a nice little ball of Armageddon where I will be "asked to identify scores of music - period (out of Baroque, Classical, and Romantic), possible composer, compositional techniques and style characteristics appropriate to that period...should be able to look at the music and tell which musical style period it belongs to and name a possible composer from that period along with other composers who used this style. Study the style characteristics from each of the major periods again in all the major areas - harmony, texture, instrumentation, dynamics, tonality vs. atonality or multitonality, compositional techniques, forms, etc."
That comes straight from my study guide and yes it continues but it makes me queasy to think about. The other sections will be a breeze. I'm just nervous about that first part.
Okay, gotta get back to studying. See you on the 9th!
3 comments:
I am sure you will do great. If your profs are anything like mine were, they will go easy on you. Hopefully they are all growl and no bite. Or whatever that saying is. :)
:) My sister and I are going to go to Six Flags and ride rollercoasters when it's all over. If the president doesn't ban social gatherings by then.
Wow, that stuff in the section you are worried about reminds me of the stuff that Cas studied for right before tests!
Don't worry, you're gonna knock 'em dead!
Post a Comment