4.01.2010

Happy April!

I know the whistling puppy is not going to make up for a severe lack of posts, so this is my attempt at a catch up. I went to the annual conference of the Southwestern Region of the American Music Therapy Association in glorious Amarillo (Spamarillo....Glamarillo...what have you) over the weekend. Actually, it being in Amarillo was kind of nice because I have family-in-law there and it was fantastic to see everyone. Unfortunately I got a WICKED stomach bug over the weekend (I blame the slightly stinky hotel and their less than awesome eggs) which made me only go to a couple sessions.

This week has me completely off my game as a result...I'm still recovering from being out from Wednesday to Sunday of last week. In fact, I WAS going to go to Austin this weekend to do a 5k, but am really more than looking forward to a weekend at home. Maybe do some Deep Ellum Arts Festival and some catch up work around the house.

In other news, my garden has COMPLETELY exploded.


It's amazing what happens when you plant things in season...

3 comments:

Mini-Martha said...

your garden looks great. i planted a bunch of seeds and then we had heavy rain so i'm afraid they may have been washed away or ruined. :(

Christina said...

Thanks! You know what I've learned about seeds? They're only worth it and cost-effective if you have the whole seed starter kit and know when to start stuff and when to put it in your garden. I decided this year to just put little plantlets in and go with that for a while. It maybe be less gratifying at first, but you'll be AMAZED at how much life starts springing out of those things...I've got more lettuce and chard and cilantro right now than I know what to do with.

Suz said...

I just don't think a 5K was the only thing you wanted to do in Austin this weekend...