5.27.2010

Growing Pains and Beauty Secrets

We all know about the crazy transformation a uterus goes through when it's housing a developing baby...LOTS of stretching and growing, which in theory is a magical thing. In practice? It's a little uncomfortable. Not in a bad way really, but in a I-just-spent-the-afternoon-at-Salt-Lick kind of way.

I know that stretch marks are a genetic inevitability for me, but that hasn't stopped me from getting some of the Mama Bee products that Burt's Bees put out - I picked up their peppermint leg and foot cream, body oil, and belly balm. I tried out the leg cream this morning after my shower and the tingly peppermint felt sooooooo good, because usually in the summer I am a furnace anyway and now I have this whole other circulatory system going on in my body so I'm ROASTING kind of all the time, so with the fan on and the tingly lotion...it was awesome. 

I have been a LUSH fanatic since before it came to the US, and when my sweet sister came into town last summer we discovered our mutual love and she shared her secret to beautiful skin which I have since adopted:

Burt's Bees Body Oil + LUSH Buffy Bar. Start at your feet and apply some oil then go to town with the buff bar, working your way up your body, scrubbing in circular motions. Rinse. 
I do this about 1-2 times/week.

Finally, every night right before going to bed I bust out the belly balm. Like I said, there's nothing to be done about stretch marks except nourish your skin, drink lots of water and love on it while marveling about the amazing stuff it can do (like make room for a whole other PERSON!). The massage also helps the oh-so-slow digestion (according to a massage therapist I talked to, you're supposed to top right to top left, down, and then from left to right).

Definitely enjoying this pregnancy thing a whole lot more these days :)


No comments: