9.18.2010

more on the name debate...

overheard in the sleepy morning hours: 

K: "I found another name I like."
C: "Like, for real this time?"
K: "Yes. Emmett."
C: "As in, Smith?"
K: "Noooo...as in Brown! Doc from Back to the Future?"

"Apparently it's also a Twilight character..."

*****

In other news, life and work are good...I'm getting better every day at the balancing act. Today I'm supposed to be going to a conference called Understanding the Needs of the Dying. I'm all registered up and can't seem to get motivated. I think it's because there haven't been many days lately where I get to choose to sit and just be. Let the crafting, yoga, swimming, decorating, organizing, cleaning obligations wait while I idle a day away with my thoughts and maybe a journal or a musical instrument. We got to do a little of this life-enjoying with some friends in Tulsa a few weekends ago and it was glorious. No need to rush to be anywhere, just chat, swim, walk, nap, enjoy each other's company.

I picked up my journal from over a year ago and wow am I a busy individual. I was at once starting a new job, finishing my thesis, and training for a triathlon. The thought right there makes me want to hide under the covers for a week. I am learning to slow down and enjoy more. At first it wasn't a lesson I welcomed but now I bask in the gloriousness of it.

Of course, I still have obligations to fulfill but I'm learning that it's okay to be a little selfish, to say no. My professional life requires me to give all day every day. Me time is not a luxury but a necessity.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Precious name!

Our cousins son is named that! We love it!

Pictures from your shower??

Suz said...

Yea, I totally thought of Twilight first! It's cute, though!