8.26.2011

I'm going to have to find a name more appetizing than "The Purple Poopinator"

But first, an update on m'beans. Sadly, I was a bad steward of my black beans.

A few days ago, Tuesday maybe, I was all excited because I had soaked my beans and was going to cook them on the stove on low for a couple hours and then my daughter had to wake up from her nap prematurely and be all snuggly, so we ended up snoozing together in bed, and I just about burned the house down. 

So, I soaked more beans and cooked them in the crock pot and then after I turned them off got so sidetracked by groceries and dinner that I FORGOT to do anything with them. Ugh. I suck.

In other news, I'm down 12 pounds on the raw vegan goodness and feeling GREAT! I'm going to cite this new way of eating and Stroller Strides for all this. Yow I feel good. A friend asked for a sample menu - the girl I'm working with does individualized plans based on people's social and medical history so really everyone gets a different diet when working with her but here are some of my favorites (taken from different days)

breakfast: fruit smoothie (my fave is strawberry banana)

snack: watermelon

lunch: some kind of ridiculously awesome salad (usually spinach, red peppers, cucumber, sprouts, etc) and an equally amazing dressing

snack: raspberry, blackberry, goji berries and almond milk, eaten like cereal

dinner: stuffed red peppers using cauliflower as "rice" with garlic, green onions, and tamari

snack: mango and blackberries with some macerated blackberries drizzled over it

In the veggie vein, we've been cutting WAY back on meat in the house, and Kyle's been a rock star at coming up with new delicious recipes. The other day he made this awesome beet curry which you should definitely try. JUST BE WARNED that if you eat a lot of it, the next morning you will freak out and think you're hemmhoraging but not to worry, it's just the beets. And I can't believe I'm saying this but pooping purple for part of a day is totes worth it because the recipe is AMAZING.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great news! Glad the new food lifestyle is working out for you!

Christina said...

I love it! I think I will eventually be pescatarian/flexitarian but for now I'm loving this and it's working for me. Thanks for being an inspiration :)

Suz said...

Its kinda fun when you eat something and get a new color of poo out of the deal. Breaks up the monotony, ya know?