I've had this ongoing epiphany the last week and a half or so. I am making a conscious effort to have more of a routine and schedule and if you know me you know that this is SO RIDICULOUSLY DIFFICULT for me. I had to actually physically make an excel spreadsheet that has things like:
wake up
thyroid meds
run
smoothie
feed dog
lunch
laundry
sweep
clean bathroom
etc.
:to help me get through my day. Otherwise, it's not too long before I turn into a cranky mess because I feel like I can't get anything done. Last week was pretty good - I mostly got some stuff done and then had to spend part of the weekend catching up on laundry and cleaning (which I hate). This week is seeming to be a little more focused and organized, and I'm learning that if I actually schedule myself time to do things like organize Addy's room, including making time where I have no other responsibility than making sure her room is put together, not only does it feel AMAZING but I also have time to do things like work on my back porch, spray paint some lanterns, that sort of thing.
What's even more awesome is that even with last week being just a TOUCH more organized and the institution of a nightly routine:
Kyle comes home
dinner
bath
sleep
:Addy, after several months of at least two night wakings, has been sleeping through the night like a champ more nights than not. AND been napping more consistently. Weird.
What's even more weird is how much I like this. It gives me hope because when Kyle says things like, "You really think you have time for vegetable beds in the front yard?" I can confidently say "YES!"
(even though I mean, 'okay I know I still have a long way to go but eventually, yes')
2 comments:
Working on those routines daily. Great job mama!
I. LOVE. YOU.
Post a Comment