I spent a good 4-5 hours in the yard yesterday. K was working on work stuff, so I...
planted and mooned over my new passiflora...
Seriously y'all - I am SUPER EXCITED about this thing. I've been looking for several years now and hope I planted it in the right spot. Check out the flowers! They look like space aliens! If I were a flower, I would totally be this one.
planted a tree (crepe myrtle)...
I went to the Garden Coach at North Haven Gardens and she was absolutely incredible. I highly recommend her. She looked at our yard and suggested things we had never even thought about, including planting trees along the back fence to obscure the view of our back neighbors (that's their kitchen window looking over our back yard). The way yard work at our house usually goes is I get the creative inspiration and Kyle does the heavy lifting. Not this time - I went to Home Depot, bought the trees, rented a truck to bring them home, dug the hole, and planted that sucker. SO SATISFYING.
and yes, my back muscles are insanely tight today.
worked in the shade bed...
Despite the most hellacious summer on record and some of our shade plants getting scorched by JUST THE AIR TEMPERATURE, we're no longer calling this our plant cemetery.
and planted my winter garden...
Which means that I've got a bunch of Bright Lights chard, parsley, cilantro seeds, some Rober's Rose Lemon gardenia to ward off the pests, chamomile, thyme, and a crazy mess of seeds that I tossed down (in the middle, above "wonder" in the above photo) including spinach, kale, and lettuces.
In front yard news, guess who's got four green thumbs and Yard of the Month? :)




1 comment:
You are amazing!! I can't wait to see what your gardens bring next!
Post a Comment