11.06.2011

Making it Work


I had the bright idea to make a bedspread for my guest room that would bring some color into the place and be all whimsical and fun and transcend seasons. I fell in love with 8 fabrics at CityCraft that I got just a bit of, thinking I could get more later. And that's what I tried to do, except like, 6 months later. So of course the same fabrics were not there.

Sigh.

I like to think that what I lack in forethought I make up for in creativity (perhaps directly related to that lack of forethought thing). I may be fashionably late to the style party but I am OBSESSED with chevrons at the moment. That's my inspiration for the rest of the quilt. This morning, Kyle said to me, "Are you going to make the horizontal stripes the middle instead of the side now?" My man is a genius. Here's the work in progress:


2 comments:

Mini-Martha said...

fancy pants!

Michelle said...

I want to be you for one of your crafty days just so I can see "how it's done"!