2.22.2012

The Year of the Runner

I love to run. I didn't always love running, and it took me a long long time to get to the point where I really loved it. In fact, it was during my pregnancy when I COULDN'T run where I really fell in love with it. It's not always the way I feel before, during, or after, or even the early wake ups for the races. I love being around other runners, and there's a rush in the crowd that I get a contact high from just being there.

I said a long time ago that before I do another triathlon I'm really going to focus on my running. That was a couple years ago, and I am currently inspired by all the things the Livestrong Foundation does, so I'm going to get back in shape so that I can do some more races to raise money for cancer support. To that end, I have decided to take up the Hal Higdon method of training and since I am nursing a couple weird knee injuries, I am going to just go ahead and start all the way over. I walked my 30 minutes today, intending to do the walk/run in the middle but my left knee protested, so I just walked. I don't really have a 5K in mind at the moment, though there's one in my hometown in June that is quite tempting. I'm just going to start training and see how it goes - turns out there's a half for pretty much every month of the year in Texas. So yeah - here's to getting to that goal weight and joining the half marathon crowd!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! This makes me smile! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.