Okay, people. I am officially going on hiatus.
Permanently.
I have been looking around at my life, trying to cut back on the needless things that suck away at either my physical time or my mental time, and every time I even think about blogging, I draw a blank. I'm not one to do things if I don't enjoy doing them (especially when we're talking dishes, right?), and it's not that I don't enjoy blogging, because I do, but there is so much else that I'm enjoying right now that blogging has moved way to the bottom of the list.
Here's where I'm at:
In this time of endless connectivity I'm finding that I just really want to connect in real and authentic ways, and this blog isn't doing it for me at the moment. I hate talking to people in person and them saying, "Oh yeah I read about that (awesome thing they already know everything about because I wrote about it already) on your blog/facebook/twitter." Maybe this is me being selfish or whatever but, as I saw on a friend's blog or fb or whatever sometime back:
I am more than my blog. I am more than my facebook page.
More than that, I want to be more present for myself and for my family, and those times when I take a step back from a moment and try to come up with some witty way to express it on here or on fb kind of...cheapens it somehow. Like the one time I was in the bathroom at a bar with a radio personality who had just had something major happen to her and she was all, "Okay so how am I going to talk about this on the radio tomorrow?" instead of just being in the moment.
In my personal life, I haven't been able to really put together my thoughts on what I want to say about my life as a mama or my child without being just another mommyblogger. To up the ante, I also happen to have a profession that mandates privacy, which makes blogging about the emotional side of it without being completely obtuse dang near impossible.
To my friends, keep blogging. I love nothing more than keeping up with your lives and travels and interesting awesomeness on your blog or facebook. Know that I will stalk you, and I will be awkward about it. I will also probably call you and send you things, because that's what real people in real relationships do, and I hope you would do the same for me.
Peace out, girl (and boy) scouts. For now, anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment