1.21.2008

Random Thoughts

If you're really into good films you should check out Paris, Je T'Aime. I found it at Blockbuster, so you should have no problem finding it. It is a series of several different stories directed by greats such as Wes Craven, the Coen brothers, and Gus Van Sant, just to name a few. Everyone and their mother is in this movie, including Juliette Binoche, Willem Dafoe, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and Natalie Portman. There's even a nice little bit of Elijah Wood, a'la Sin City. This movie delightfully surprised the hell out of me and after getting halfway through a bottle of wine inspired me further to learn French and repeat the mantra, "Someday I will live in France."

I'm getting old and farty. For my birthday we went to Dave & Buster's and stayed up late and while it was fantastico, I woke up the next morning planning my next birthday party, which will be a dinner party...with probably all of the same people :)

My new favorite wine is Argentinian Malbec. You should check some out. It's fruity-ish but dark and oakey. The wine in question from last night was a white by Smoking Loon. I don't usually do whites but it was undrunk in the fridge and I was having a light pasta for dinner, so it all worked well together.

Oh, and about that pasta. The night we went to D&B I left my car at a friend's house in Richardson. I've been cleaning/studying/practicing like a madwoman so decided that yesterday I would laze, including dinner. I think the only thing accomplished was finishing a scrapbook for a friend. Anyway, when the time to pick up dinner rolled around I grabbed my keys and made it halfway down the stairs when I realized that my car was not in fact in my driveway. I had to call back and get it delivered, even though it's a block away and I didn't want to walk down there in the cold night. It was delicious pasta, though. It would have been better with sausage, but I'm trying not to dwell on that ;)

Can exes be friends? Yes, but only if the two actually try. I've come to the realization that by the lack of communication he probably didn't really mean he wanted to be friends. I'm done trying to understand him. Officially done. Maybe I'll even torch the shoe box.

What I think is funny is that understanding and acceptance of the demise of one relationship can come from reconciliation, thoughtfulness, and honesty in another tragic relationship-turned friendship. Thank God for that.

I miss my husband. He's been crazy busy at work and worked on a charity project all weekend that had him coding into all hours of the night. Thank goodness that, and last week is over.

I think when other people flake it bugs me most because I have a serious tendency toward flakiness as well.

Sometimes I think we're totally ready to have a kid and sometimes I lay in bed with my hands on my stomach thinking, "Are we ready for that yet?"

I will never fall out of love with swimming, or playing the piano.

No comments: