1.15.2008

happy birthday to me!

Turning 25 has not really brought up a whole lot of doom & gloom or anxiety about growing up. It's more about excitement at what's in store for the next 5 years (getting a house, graduating with my master's, getting a job, having a garden, having BABIES...) I do feel more grown up than I did yesterday, which is weird. The last time I felt anything near this was when I turned 20. It's funny, being 5 years from that surprise birthday party that my hubs threw for me because look where we ended up :) I feel like I'm more credible as an adult and professional because I've got some age on me, and I feel more confident in myself and as a woman, more sure of myself and what I believe and that I can stand up and fight for it all.

I've probably said before that I don't have New Year Resolutions but I do have some 25th-year goals...like doing the triathlon (training officially starts today!) and sticking with vegetarianism (despite the insatiable pull of sausage...), spending more time being quiet and aware of God. This past weekend I was in Austin and got all teary because a few guys that were freshmen when I was New Man Advisor for LHB (and they were therefore my babies) are graduating this year and they're like, my brothers now, which is crazy because I went to college not thinking that I'd ever be as close to anyone as I was (am) with my high school friends, but I feel as if I've known these kids forever.

Anyway, 25, and 2008 is going to be a good year. We'll have a house soon (!!!) and hopefully will start traveling (we have a list about a zillion places long). Someone once told me that I blogged (and therefore was) like the kind of person who expected the rug to be pulled out from under them at any second. I totally agree that I used to be that kind of person and looking back through all the hardships and crazy family and friend drama...I mean, I am who I am because of all that and I am more put together now because of unconditional Love.

It was all worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Chica!!! :) I love you!