1.07.2008

[insert sound of crashing through an iceberg]

I don't know if it's the new birth control, but the last few days have been exploding with clarity and motivation. Last week I looked to the coming semester with trepidation...last semester wore me out. Or perhaps the semester before that wore me out and made last semester rather trying. Whatever it was, left. I think it was Saturday, driving with the windows down with my husband and dog in the car, heading toward a dog park with dear friends. My feet on the dash I remember thinking, "Now THIS is exactly where I'm supposed to be." It can't all be blamed on school, however.

This is going to sound profoundly cornball, but I watched a show the other day that made me realize how much perception has to do with accepting yourself. I realized that I had been doing battle with my body and in essence hating it, when that had never been my personality before so it was very strange to be in my own skin and sort of loathe it. I guess maybe when you start honoring your body it starts honoring you back and reminding you that nobody's perfect, but everyone is beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU are beautiful! Isn't it such a bummer that as women we have to struggle with this but isn't it a wonderful when you start loving your your skin! :)