3.07.2008

morning swim

I know I'm not exactly saying anything new when I say that I love Austin. ESPECIALLY in March. Unfortunately, my Spring Break does not coincide with SXSW, or else I'd finagle a way to be down here this coming week. Anyway, in keeping with my tri workouts, I had to swim today, and the friends we're staying with don't go to Lifetime any more so they said I should go to the local outdoor pool...heated, of course. After many twists and wrong turns I finally made it to the community pool, where the girl standing guard straight up told me I was crazy for swimming in this cold of weather. She uncovered a couple lanes for me and I got about halfway through when I looked over to my left, the darker water where the lanes were still covered up.

And, I FREAKED out. I think it has a lot to do with growing up swimming in lakes and rivers where dark water = cold and scary. Anyway, I tried to relax but think that all the stress coursing through my body made me nauseous when I got out of the pool. But hey, at least I'm sticking to my routine :)

Back to loving Austin, I woke up at about 6:30 to swim and turned on 107.1 KGSR...there is nothing better than waking up to that radio station. I've decided that Kyle and I need to work on some sort of 10-year plan to get back to Austin.

No comments: