3.10.2008

the week before spring break: chaotic.

There is nothing quite like waking up at 6am to get to class early the day after daylight savings (read: extra painful) AND after going to bed at 11:30pm, only to get to class and have your professor not show up! Gah!

This past weekend in Austin was awesome. The internship interview went really well, and I got the chance for some one on one time with a girlfriend who I feel like even though we've known each other for 7 years, I know her better after this weekend. The baby shower was also a huge hit but did I take any pictures? Of course not! I was too busy being one of three hostesses with the mostesses.

Now we're back to Dallas and I think the hubs and I have finally figured out a game plan for our kitchen renovations. Hopefully we'll hear back from the electrician soon. The most interesting part of all this has been trying to figure out our collective style, to come up with a kitchen that works AND is aesthetically pleasing to both of us. We've pretty much settled on the types of cabinets we want and that we would like to put an island in. We go round and round about the floors (one type of floor in the kitch and the rest hardwood or hardwood all over or cork maybe but definitely NOT tile etc. etc. etc.). I'm excited about having a piano in the house, and really about painting everything. This is so typical boys vs. girls thinking but the hubs is really into the hardware and the behind the scenes stuff (AC etc.) and when he asks me what I think about what we should do to this room or that I start talking paint colors and hardware from Anthropologie *drool* Go figure, eh? Also on our list is fixing the fence so our dog can't get out...the last person who owned him mentioned that he is an escape artist...so, we can't have chain-link fences and he could easily clear a 4-ft fence if he needed to. Decisions, decisions.

No comments: