3.01.2008

spinning away

I have totally slacked on tri training this week, which sucks because last week I hit all of my sessions.  I made it to swimming on Monday and Wednesday but didn't run or do any short bike rides at all.  I know!  Terrible!  However, now that we're into March and into the training schedule timeframe, I'm going to have to be more dedicated about this.

This morning I went to a spin class at 9am and actually got clipped in in under 15 minutes (an unbelievable first for me) and ended up going a whole 12 miles!  The sprint tri is 13 miles, and the training guide has long training rides going up all the way to 3 hours - I guess to build up endurance.  I'm feeling a more pressing need to get my bike worked on and a helmet because I want to start doing this stuff outside/work on transitions, and get down to Austin to figure out where the track is going to be as well as do some riding on the illustrious Hwy. 360.

In other biking news, Lance Armstrong was at the Richardson Bike Mart recently, doing a birthday ride with Mr. Hoyt.  That would've been so ridiculously amazing to be there - what a treat!  That's part of the reason I'm looking forward to living here...the Mart has rides on Saturdays and real spin classes.

Anyway, hopefully next week will be better.  I can't stop this stuff - it's addicting, and I have to stay in this new jeans size ;)

No comments: