3.16.2008

spring break: day 2

I am still exhausted from yesterday's events - the St. Pat's parade on Greenville in Dallas. I had a really good time with good friends, good beer, good food, good jello shots, good shameless schmoozing for beads, etc. etc.  Maybe it's because we watched Rendition last night after the festivities, but I came to the realization that all of that waking up early, buying tacos, buying beer, putting on sunscreen, standing around for 3 hours and having to stand in line for sketchy bathrooms was just waaaaaay too much work to put in for a sunburn and a mild hangover.

Maybe this is me growing up again, realigning my priorities, as per usual when the seasons change. But, when you realize that you and your husband can put this kind of effort in and keep making excuses for not going to/finding the right church, there's something a little off-kilter.

Note to self: no matter how hungry you are, do not freaking eat the meat you gave up a few months ago.  I had a big yummy piece of barbecued chicken and a couple pieces of sausage yesterday because I was *so* terrifically hungry after the parade...and my entire system is giving me hell for it today in the form of stenchified poots. Blegh.

In awesomer news, I got a music therapy internship in Austin for 6 months starting in June, which puts me in line to graduate in December and also a boost for my resumé because it is at a psychiatric facility.

And, we got a new tent today on a sort of impulse-buy...April and May cannot get here fast enough¡

No comments: