5.24.2008

Accountability

5/23 - Rested
5/24 - AM Bikram, sweated more than the first time...seriously. Niagra-like sweating. I think my cold is gone, though, and I can sure breathe more easily. Totally rad.

I have a 5 days for $5 thing at the yoga place, so that'll be my workout for the next couple days. Much needed. I did research on Christianity and yoga, because it's taboo for lots of folks. One side of the argument says that the poses are inseparable from Hindu faith practice, which I understand. However, how can I commune with Krishna during those poses? I do not worship Krishna, don't even know him/her. I do know Jesus, and pray during yoga - I breathe out negativity and breathe in Peace, Grace, and Understanding. I don't say Namaste, do not bow at the end, I just give thanks to God for the hour of peace and quiet I've just enjoyed.

Thoughts?

2 comments:

idyll hands said...

I'm sorry, but they are poses - just that. They certainly can be separated from the Hindu faith if you do not practice Hinduism. I see Yoga as a form of meditation and many Christians believe in meditation as a chance to just get back to yourself, to focus on what is good and simple in your life, which to me, should be your faith (no matter what it is you believe in and practice). You go with your yogo self!

Melodie Ann said...

Yoga away my friend. I miss it something awful. I need an instructor there making me do everything right. Maybe I can get back on that once we move, but I digress. An hour of No phone calls. No computer. No shopping. No needy husbands. (What just me?) Just you, your thoughts -- or lack thereof -- and God. Perfection. A must have in a busy life if you ask me.