So last week we got everything moved in on the same day that my grandfather-in-law passed away so it was kind of a scramble to get things taken care of before we had to leave town for 5 days.
Anyone who's been married knows that it takes a few years to get really comfy with the in-laws and I felt like this trip, perhaps because the nature of it, I was just another one of the crowd. It was nice because my mom even flew up for the wake & the funeral. I played my first funeral at the request of grandma K - "Jesus Loves Me" and "You Are My Sunshine" both of which are on the Music Therapy Top 10 List. One of the aunts even procured a guitar for me in St. Louis, which was a total blessing because the options for getting my guitar up there were a) Take it as a carryon, but it was outside the width/height requirement b) Check it (no way man) or c) BUY IT ITS OWN SEAT ON THE PLANE. Does anyone actually DO option c? Anyway, all the grandkids got up to sing during the funeral, which went pretty well until the last line of "You Are My Sunshine" where we all choked at the same time. I was told it was good and that we just kept singing but I don't remember any of that. Grandpa was in the Navy during WWII so they had the whole military ceremony for his burial which was absolutely beautiful.
So now we're back home - the hubs was sick yesterday but we got a considerable amount of stuff cleared away...I have a TON of pictures and such to post but I can't for the life of me find the cord that I need to do that ;op
2 comments:
cello players do option C.
that's crazy!
Post a Comment