9.11.2008

Ike-carrumba!

It just gets better. My roomie's family showed up about 3:30 this morning making my total hours of good quality sleep about 4. I finally got to sleep around 5:45, then woke up at 6:15. I nearly called in to work today because my sinuses were simultaneously giving me hell, but I just had two groups today. I don't know if it was the rocking out we did in both groups or the crazy barometric pressure, but my tendonitis is so flaring up to go with my exhaustion, so some pizza, a swig or two of Dr. Pepper, a B vitamin and 800 milligrams of Ibuprofen later, I'm a new woman.

I don't know yet what we're going to do this weekend because I think I counted like 10 sleeping bodies in my house. Part of me wants to get out of this evacuee town and drive to NB, where my dad will still turn 60 on Saturday come hell or high water, literally, where someone else can cook me comfort food and hold the flashlight, but then there's the idea of getting OUT of Austin on Friday at 5pm. Maybe I can Google-maps an alternate route.

Dad's party was cancelled, too. Well, not cancelled, but postponed. It's much like the Arkansas game, really, which sucks for an accumulating list of reasons:

1. That's the same weekend as ACL. I know what you're saying..."Your dad was such an A-hole to you in the past! You should still volunteer!" Yeah, but I wouldn't have fun volunteering if I knew I was letting him down. I'm trying to be Queen of the High Road these days.

Not that it's working.

2. That's ALSO the same weekend of the postponed Arkansas game. I'm sure the volunteer coordinator is going to send me a sparkly reply, considering she's probably getting a million freak out Emails today.

3. So, coming into town in a couple weekends is going to suck because not only are there going to be 100,000+ people in town for the game, IT IS ALSO ACL FEST. It's going to annoy me more than Schlitterbahn on a Saturday.

4. That is ALSO the same weekend of a coworker's bachelorette party. We've scratched the thought of going downtown. I'm still pulling for going to a gay bar and going early, but still. It's going to be CROWded.

I'm also anxious because Kyle's driving down tomorrow morning and I just don't know what the roads and traffic are going to be like and I want him to be safe and not that I'm a HUGE worrier, I'm just...okay fine I'm worried. I need to take a page from Kelli's book and repeat that verse over and over again. To all my friends in Houston and around there, know that I'm praying for strength and peace for you, and you'd better freaking stay in touch.

1 comment:

Suz said...

For real Austin people, it's such an irritation when it gets touristy. It's a city with such a vibe that we easily forget how huge it really is. I wouldn't want to be there that weekend, either. BLEH!

And as for keeping in touch... I went and got a new car charger today so when my power is out, I can still have my phone charged so you can still call and play your guitar for me and sooooooooothe me.

Who has 2 thumbs and loves you?