Once upon a time there was a woman named Annette who had three daughters: Hilda, Diana, and Nora. They all moved from Laredo to San Antonio where Annette opened a hair salon named, well, Annette's. All the girls worked there. Hilda had one son and then died of kidney failure back when they didn't really have things like dialysis. Diana had two children about 10 years apart, and Nora had two kids, then divorced and remarried, and a baby girl named Christina Dyan. Diana loved on this little girl but unfortunately she was very sick and 7 months after Christina was born, Diana's brain tumor was operated on and she died from a blood clot. Everyone from the neighborhood went to the funeral.
25 years later, Christina gets a phone call from one of her coworkers. "Did you have an aunt named Diana?" Christina nearly spit out her food. Over a previous conversation about growing up in San Antonio, it was discovered that the coworker grew up in the same area as my grandmother, mom, and aunts. She got her hair done by Diana at Annette's. She remembers the funeral.
I wish I could remember my aunt.
4 comments:
What a small world!It's wonderful that you know people who knew her. That way, in a sense, you can know her too!
That sent chills down my back. It's like your aunt was saying hi! :)
I KNOW! totally creepy.
:( This kinda made me sad. I wish you knew your aunt, too. Brain tumors suck!
Post a Comment