10.01.2008

Falling for Fall

After much debate with myself, I've decided that Fall wins for my favorite season. here's 15 reasons why:

1. Football
2. Chili weather
3. Sweaters!
4. Camping
5. Oktoberfest brews
6. Wurstfest!!!
7. Fun new veggies and flowers in the garden
8. Trading in the quilts for the duvets
9. Leaving the windows open at night
10. Beautiful, lush colors in fashion like greens and berries and orangey reds
11. My insatiable need to knit and/or crochet
12. All things pumpkin: pumpkin infused vodka, pumpkin patches, pumpkin carving, pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks, homemade pumpkin swirl cheesecake!
13. The dressing up, decorating and the excitement around Halloween :)
14. Days when it is both sunny and cool.
15. Because fall leads to winter and winter means GRADUATION!

5 comments:

Suz said...

I get pee my pants excited when its September because that means football and that means fall. It really is the greatest season, and not just because my birthday is in the fall. I'm really excited that more people are getting on the autumnal bandwagon!

Kelli said...

Hooray for pumpkin spice latte!!!

Christina said...

thanks for the blog idea, kel :)

idyll hands said...

Hmmm - fall in the Ozarks means 45 degree nights, I think I'll leave my window opening to my friends down in Texas.

It's my fave season too for most of the reasons you've listed. I think pumpkins and scarf weather are the two top reasons for me. Love it!

OH, and it's the season for the squash soup from Einstein Bros. Bagels. We finally have one up here now. Yesssss!

Christina said...

girl, next time we go up to LR I am so calling you. Wait, I don't have your number. :op