So, we're getting a new president in a couple days, which re
minds me of a dream I had recently. I was on a cargo plane with a bunch of people, Will Smith, and the current president. I told my friend Ollie that wow Will Smith was really good looking in person, then I turned to Bush Jr. and said, "So, you glad this thing's going to be over soon?" and he said, "psshshhYEAAAHH" in a relieved sort of way. It cracked me up the next morning. I am really glad Obama won by a landslide, and like I said before, I don't think he poots rainbows and butterflies, and I know there is a crazy huge list of things for him to tackle, but I do know that this is the first time I voted and cared about the candidates, am going to actually watch the inauguration and pay attention to the speech. I am deeply hoping that the cynicism that many McCain voters had will subside because I am tired of the 2 or 3 in my life coming up with really random crap about Obama to get really. ticked. off. about. Like the Email that my dad sent me AFTER the vote about how Obama doesn't take care of his dad's 3rd or 4th wife's poor kid in Africa. A friend recently likened politics to football games, about how people get so involved in rooting for the team and they have their lifelong commitments to this team or that one and get really, deeply hurt when their team loses. Like Texas/OU weekend, you know? Anyway, I hope that this president will bring people together if for no other reason than he is now your president, my president.Also, on a less global front, this weekend is over, which means I get my Techie of the Year (no, not kidding) hubs back. Also, stoked because I went to a flea market yesterday and found the cutest little desk :)
In terms of working out and such, I am coming to realize that with the lack of metabolism my family has so graciously blessed me with, losing weight is HARD freaking WORK. Daily work. I found encouragement in something I was reading about fad diets and research shows that the slower weight takes to get off, the better chance you have it'll stay off. That had better be true.
3 comments:
Dear Christina,
Could you be cuter if you tried? I doubt it, because unlike losing weight, being really cute is not something that is hard for you. I mean, if all you did was laugh and say "DUDE." you'd still be adorable. I love it.
Further more, that desk rocks my face off. Its so you and unique and awesome and yay. I'd like to see it next Friday. wink wink.
Love,
Suz
UM ADORABLE!
I LOVE it!!!!
Post a Comment