1.01.2009

resolving, and such.

So, I've spent a lot of thinking and journaling over the resolutions bit and so far I have themes and some of the specifics worked out...

Health: 1) Quitting sodas cold turkey. A quote from Skinny Bitch said something along the lines of "there is nothing in sodas that is good for you, so quit drinking them." 2) Walking at least 30 minutes every day. 3) Cutting WAAAY back on alcohol. Like, one drink when drinking is happening. I don't tolerate it well, it screws up my sleep, makes me terrifically uncool and makes me fat. No thank you. 4) Vegetarianism is back in full swing but with modifications...less cheese, and a switch over to wheatless stuff. My aunt is a nutritionist and thinks there's a metabolic trend in our family to not process it well. Doesn't hurt to give restraint (and quinoa) a try.

Ha! I've typed God, Jesus, and Spirituality for the next heading and erased them all, because I don't know what to say and I don't want to sound like an idiot. I know that I want to find a church, find some good cozy real community, be more intentional about spending time in prayer, reading the Bible. I know that the faith I had in HS and in college leaned a lot on the beliefs of others, and a lot has happened to shape my views. They're still in the process. Bear with me.

Professionally: 1) Practice piano and guitar every day.

There's more...later.

2 comments:

Suz said...

would you possibly be interested in doing the "Read the Bible in 1 Year" plan with me?

Christina said...

um, OF COURSE