bleeeeeeeeegh.
That's how today has been. I woke up sore and exhausted - I've worked out 13 out of the last 16 days this year, and I think this morning my body had totally just had it. So, I cleaned up from the little 26-year bday party and sat around watching tv. You know it's serious when that happens. I found out that I actually kind of like the West Wing, and I caught up on the ABC show True Beauty...seriously, anything executively produced by Ashton Kutcher and/or Tyra Banks, I'll watch it. Those shows are my weakness.
I was bummed because I was supposed to do a run workout today but could NOT for the life of me get the motivation to do it. So, I ate a leftover cupcake and some tasty black bean stir-fry with kale and hopefully will feel better tomorrow. I think it might have something to do with the pizza, sangria, and beer from last night making me feel all icky.
I'm really excited about a few things coming up this week: first, school is starting back up, which means I'll have some accountability for getting my thesis rolling...I finally got bored enough with trying to get the house back together that I printed out some paperwork and lined up almost all my data. Second, we're going to Colorado on Wednesday! It's the first ski trip for K and the first time since my senior year in high school to hit the slopes and I am so thrilled! I LOVE skiing and I'm really glad I learned how to when I was younger because that whole uhhhh-let's-think-about-this-flinging-ourselves-down-a-mountain-thing is pretty much lost on me. I also love hot chocolate and chili when there's SNOW on the ground! And MOUNTAINS! Can you tell I'm excited? Third, and this kind of goes along with #2 but with my Xmas and Bday money I'm going to get a new tiny camera so I can take it on the mountain, and pretty much take it everywhere with me. We have a bulkier camera that I like using for artsy fartsy stuff but I've been craving a slim point-and-shoot to throw in my purse for everyday stuff.
Finally, the yoga studio I frequent has started a work-for-trade program where basically I go with two other people once a week and clean, and then get free unlimited yoga. Considering the sessions are $20 a pop and I am as of yet gainfully unemployed I am beyond thrilled that this is going to work out. Speaking of working out, tomorrow is my run 10 minutes/walk 5 minutes x2 and then next week the run bumps up. The book I'm reading puts the end of the training around the beginning of June, and by then I should technically be ready to run a marathon, which I'm not going to do, but it'll be fantastic cross training endurance-wise for the triathalons.
I realize the post is just a wee bit tangental - I've got a little bit of cabin fever and am just excited about connecting with the outside world.
2 comments:
DUDE. The West Wing = glorious. When it ended, I totally cried because I felt like I was losing my friends. It's just so smart and well done.
(sidebar - my word verification is "mandom" yea, I giggled)
Colorado? That is kind of not fair :(
Have a blast while you're there and take lots of beautiful, mountain pics with the new camera!
Post a Comment