2.03.2009

Blooming late sucks.

I don't know what it was, I woke up yesterday morning thinking about everyone I know, how they worked so hard to get where they are in life - my mom from government housing in Laredo to the first to graduate from UT in our family, my dad from a farm in Memphis constantly reinventing himself as a businessman, my siblings all pursuing their dreams and taking decades to get there, everything. So, I decided to quit blaming my work ethic on anything else and decided to see what would happen if I got back to working hard to get where I want to be. After being in school for so long, it's been tough for me to find that inner oomph to get me going, but at least I know it's in there, and I need to foster it.

In talking to my sweet friend Alina the other day, we came up with a good analogy, since I'm training for the triathlons and doing this crazy 60 day yoga challenge where you go every day...more on that later. We compared it to spending daily time in the Word and how sometimes it's awesome and you feel refreshed and sometimes it feels more like a chore, but that doesn't mean you don't go back to it every single day, just as in running and yoga you know that the daily diligence is leading to something much greater. Same goes for working hard for something you want. I would be ungrateful if I didn't put all of my heart and soul into finishing my degree and finding a job because I am blessed to be pursuing my dream job.  So yeah. Go team.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Blooming late eh?.... at least you got to delay buying the bra a little bit :)

Christina said...

hahaha - seriously, I've always been a couple years behind everything. Maybe it's because my friends are always older than me...

Suz said...

I hope that doesn't mean you're inadvertantly stunting White, Chuck, and Halle's growth...

daina said...

better late than never:) (I had to)