And that got me thinking about movies, and more specifically about what John Eldredge says in Wild at Heart about why we like the books and movies that we like.
So here's a rundown of my all time favorite movies:
Dogfight
Enchanted (I actually bought the DVD before seeing it)
Metropolis
The Fifth Element
The Professional
Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day
Paris, je'taime
...and what do they all have in common (besides, as I just learned, Luc Besson) action! adventure, and LOVE! I am a complete sucker for a good love story. Kyle likes the dramas like the Wrestler (blegh) or House of Sand and Fog (bring your razor blades and your warm bath) but I like the stories that may not overtly be about love, may have some explosions, but at the end really were all about love.
And I asked Kyle why he thought that I would like the movie so much and he said, "Because he fights for the girl?" and I could just nod my head, else re-release the flood of tears that I had to hold back in the theater so I wouldn't be that girl.
Oh but I AM that girl. That girl also got real pissed at the Bachelor this past week - all that junk about him "following his heart" - come on. There are ways to follow your heart that don't involve being totally classless and destroying a girl on national television. If you watched, did you notice what made her the angriest? That he didn't fight for her.
Gah, I am such a girl. A girl who has been broken and put back together by One who loves unconditionally, is loved madly by the hubs, and who can appreciate a good old fashioned love story once in awhile. Especially if it involves ass-kicking girls and gratuitous explosions. And maybe a little Bruce Willis.
1 comment:
I just wanted to say.... Bruce Willis... MEEEEEowww ;-)
Post a Comment