5.11.2009

Barley?

Well...after many long hours of discussion and such, we decided to wait on getting a new puppy. Mostly because we've got a LOT of work to do with Jake...he's still sort of aggressive and still has a habit of nipping at children that we have to work on before adding another pooch to the mix. So, I'm calling the trainer today and signing Jake up for twice weekly training.  We'll let that go a couple weeks and then go from there.

I am definitely the spontaneous one and the hubs is not so much, so we've done a lot of talking and compromising on the arts of measured spontaneity and not over thinking things. It ultimately came down to being used to the whole "what's next?" mentality because that's how it's been for us as long as we've been together: I'll graduate and then move to Dallas and then he'll find a job in Dallas and move and then I'll go to school and then we'll get married and find an apartment and then there's this practicum or that new project or internship in Austin and then we have a new house and then graduation and then...and then....

We agreed that it was just time to take a breather and figure out what normal is for us now before adding another little bit of crazy into the mix.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

awwwwwwww is Jake getting a brother?

Michelle said...

She's cute! Looks kinda like Nutmeg! Will she stay small?