I don't know why I was so astounded when I peeked out at my little seeds three days after I planted them to see that the stem of the rhubarb chard I planted was RED! but...oh wait. No, I know why I was astounded - first off because the freaking things sprouted THREE DAYS after I planted them (so I gave them a WAHOO! and a fist pump, and then a shot of Garrett's Juice) and...well...maybe I'm dumb but I just didn't expect to see RED! on my little plantlets. But it sure did charm the heck out of me.
The other semi-exciting thing is that my pepper plants have turned into complete monsters:
This is what Candace and I refer to as "slutty jalepenos" Seriously - TONS of peppers. And I didn't even know which plants were which, just that some were jalepenos and some were poblanos, until I saw this little wonder:
...and started dreaming up all kinds of stuffed peppers stuffings and sweet-pickled jalepeno recipes. It's amazing what DAYS ON END OF NEVERENDING RAIN will do to food crops. I mean really. Yowza.
4 comments:
Woohoo! You make me miss gardening...
My pepper plants have taken off the past few weeks as well - just in time for highs in the 40s today. BAH. I wonder what baby bell peppers taste like...
It was such a joy to see you last week!! Thanks for being such a great friend and supporting Josh and I.
Also, your peppers look amazing. I came home to a garden disaster because my neighbors neglected it. So sad!! I'm more upset that anyone should ever get over a garden.
Becky it was WONDERFUL seeing you and meeting Josh - y'all were such a huge blessing to our week!
I'm sad about your garden, too! All that hard work and thoughtful care you put into it! If you can manage, try getting some greens seeds or radish seeds and get them in the ground ASAP! They'll sprout really quickly and give you something to fawn over while you rebuild your garden.
Post a Comment