there's been a whole lot going down in the stockhausen lately, some of which I WISH I could hurry up and divulge (NO I'm not pregnant, promise) but for now we're going to talk about running and food.
Dude. The last time I did the Couch 2 5K program, I ran the standard 3 days a week but always felt way behind and like I would regress because I had to have a couple days rest in there somewhere and inevitably the next run after two days off would be killer. So, I've decided to follow the plan again, except I do it 4x a week. Last week I doubled up on my long run (20 straight minutes! YEAH!), and this week I doubled up on my first run (intervals of running and walking for 29 minutes) - there's no rhyme reason or formula to it, I just get one day of here and there and the next I'm running. Doing the 4x/week thing has done wonders for my endurance.
Another thing that I'm throwing around is the idea of REALLY cleaning things up in my body and going vegan in the new year. I don't even totally know what that is going to look like, if I'm going to start out vegetarian and just go vegan for a week out of each month or if I'll be mostly vegan and then go raw part of the time....no clue. All I know is I LOVE what the green monsters are doing for me detox-, energy-, and satisfaction-wise. I would even throw a clamp down on my barbecue fetish. I know. Crazy talk. While we're talking about detoxification, I've decided to kick the Nuvaring aka "glowstick" to the curb. Again, not for the purpose of trying to have kids (yet) but because I am SO DONE with a) synthetic hormones and b) shouldering all the contraceptive responsibilities. So far, things are great. I feel really good and just kind of better in general. Taking these baby steps toward cleaning up my body have been really, really empowering. Anyway, I'm just taking the months of November and December to try and do as much reading and research as I possibly can so that I can formulate a plan.
If you know me, you know I love this time of year, the quiet reflection before resolving to do this or that in the New Year. I know some of y'all did some resolving in 2009 - how did those things turn out? Have you started throwing ideas around for your glorious resolving self in 2010?
Oh also, we've finished repainting/sanding/painting again/replacing hardware in the guest bathroom! Feast your eyes:

Oh also, we've finished repainting/sanding/painting again/replacing hardware in the guest bathroom! Feast your eyes:
5 comments:
1. Nuvaring is the lowest dose of hormone of any contraceptive out there, did you know? But I'm 100% with you on the no synthetic hormones thing. Well, my body is anyway.
2. http://pastrybrush.wordpress.com/ that's my friend Erin's blog. Lots of vegan cooking ideas and recipies. She's not even vegan, but she loves to cook that way.
3. I miss you so much and I want to see you insanely bad this weekend. I'm thinking Saturday night at the Doubletree is a guarantee?
4. I love you and how healthy and with it you're getting. I want to be more like you when I grow up!
5. my capcha is humis. hahahaha
hahahahaha glowstick! that's hilarious. i hated that thing!
you have really intrigued me with this whole detox thing. i've been doing the green smoothies - a few times! in the past year i've switched to all natural hygiene products, but i'm not really ready to make the switch as to what i'm putting IN my body. it seems to make a lot of sense, but i have no self-control. really. one day i made a smoothie, and david brought jack in the box home so i ditched the smoothie. bad huh??
keep us updated on how this is working for you! i hope to be more inspired to the point that i get off my lazy butt and do something about it! ;)
I can not wait to see your house one day...it looks SO cool!!!! I'm jealous.
I agree, 3 days a week for running is too much break time. I try to shoot for 5 days a week, but 4 is good, too. Every other day works well, too.
Girl, I'm about to post a very tasty Vegan pumpkin bread recipe I made last night.....
I love the bathroom....
And can we still be friends even though I LOVE MEAT? :)
Suz - I knew it was the lowest dose, but my brain finally won over with its mantra of "hey there, it's PLASTIC with FAKE HORMONES and you're putting it in your body." I don't even like to microwave plastic. Why would I put one in my hoo-ha for three weeks? I'm pumped about the blog you sent, and I'm EXCITED to see you and your squeeze this weekend!
Nikki - I'm glad to hear you're doing the green smoothies! The one thing I've learned during this process (and it's a PROCESS. very few people wake up and say "you know what? I'm going cold-tofurkey into veganism today!") is to not beat yourself up about where you are on the journey.
If you want to get motivated, read Skinny Bitch (I forget the authors' names), The China Study (again, authors?) and The Raw Food Detox Diet by Natalia Rose.
Claire - I am really pumped about the pumpkin bread! I love all things pumpkin!
Kelli - of COURSE we can still be friends. It's not about loving or not loving meat. I love me some barbecue as much as the next person. I know I have to be careful not to sound all self-righteous when I say this but...for me it's become a journey of awareness about what I'm putting into my body and how it makes me feel and I get such a high from eating veggies that this just makes sense to me right now.
Post a Comment