Today I went to get training on the system that the Nephrology/Hemodialysis unit charts on. I'll wait while you wiki that - Lord knows I had to. I met with a wonderful Indian woman and as we were chatting, she said that she sang and that her children were singers. I don't know how it came up but I mentioned that a professor of mine at UT was a student of Ravi Shankar...
to which she replied, "Oh...I must touch you."
Turns out there's lots of other Indian folks in the administrative side of Nephrology, all to whom I was introduced as "a student of a professor whose guru is Ravi Shankar." :)
The best part of our training time was easily when she said, "So...you sing?" When I replied yes she said, "Okay. Sing for me. Just a few lines," like it was the most normal thing in the world. Welcoming my New Normal, I sang the first part of Stormy Weather, then requested she sing for me - a ridiculously beautiful song that she translated was about moonlight and a swan swimming on a pond.
Needless to say, I had another one of those "dude...I WORK here!" moments today.

2 comments:
Dude, have I ever told you how jealous I am of your life?
you've been nominated :)
http://raising-madison.blogspot.com/2010/02/beautiful-blogger-award.html
Post a Comment