4.18.2010

happy birthday, Kyle!

It all started with the millions of pregnant women I started seeing all over the hospital. Seriously. Everywhere. I swear I saw like 20 during one day.

Other than that, I just had a feeling that something was...different. I ended up in Employee Health taking a pregnancy test two days before Kyle turned 29. That day was pretty hilarious because I just sort of knew anyway, but decided to check things out for sure. I mean, I woudln't have gone and peed in a cup at the behest of a bunch of older ladies if I wasn't sure SOMETHING was going on. So yeah...I took the test and then 15 AGONIZING minutes later they paged me to come down and talk about the results and were all "CONGRATULATIONS!!! WAIT. Are you excited?"

Excited?! Excited doesn't even beGIN to describe it! I think stunned is a good word too. Like, nothing prepares you for that moment, even if you've got an inkling that SOMEthing is going on. So, that night I bought Kyle a dad's birthday card and jumped up and down and made him open it that night, even through protestations of "BUT IT'S NOT MY BIRTHDAY YET!"

The grin on his face was absolutely awesome. I don't think we've stopped grinning.

10 comments:

Michelle said...

Yippee!

I was wondering how you told Kyle and if you waited for his birthday to tell him!

We are delighted for y'all!

Kelli said...

We are grinning too! You already know how excited we are!! :)

Joanna said...

Ummm, HOLY CRAP!!! I am SO excited for you! You are going to make an absolutely adorable pregnant lady. And I have lots of maternity clothes if you need to borrow some stuff... they are expensive!

Nikki Belshe, MT-BC said...

Eeeeeee!! Congrats you guys!!

Mini-Martha said...

awww! yay! i guess you guys went for baby and not puppy. ;)

Unknown said...

So. Pumped. Can't wait to hear the adventures of Baby Stock in the making!

AlanJ40 said...

Congrats!!! I can't wait to see the new Stock! So I guess you're thinking that success in gardening has carryover?

diana said...

Hooray! Our babies should be friends!

MelodieGRamirez said...

Congrats my sweet. I'm so very happy for you guys.

Sarah said...

So excited! Congratulations.