11.28.2010

42 weeks...and counting...

I got all excited the last couple days 'cos I woke up Friday and puked and felt craptastic all day, then yesterday while walking around the Heard Museum with the fam was getting nice little contractions throughout the day...but hey, still no baby. I have a date with castor oil in the morning, and another midwife appointment in the afternoon. I found a really beautiful quote book that had the following in it, which is really encouraging: 

"It may be that when we no longer know what to do, we have come to our real work, and when we no longer know which way to go, we have begun our real journey."
-Wendell Berry

Here's to uncharted territory :)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

beautiful quote from a beautiful mama :) The world can't wait to meet little Stock!! Miss you!

Unknown said...

just read up on castor oil induction...not pretty :-P But you know how I love poo! I've always said good poo'ing is the secret to every problem, so maybe the same will be here!

Christina said...

I've been hydrating like a crazy person for the last 4 days just for good measure. It's going to be an interesting day.