1.08.2011

chicken christina

For whatever reason I had a hankering for chicken piccata the other day, so I went to the grocery store to get the appropriate accoutrements and somehow made it back home with neither lemon nor capers. Duh. So with a little wrangling, I came up with something that was super yummy and really close to what I was going for. It's a riff off of this recipe by Giada De Laurentiis. I basically subbed 1/3 c white wine for the lemon juice and then added a splash of vinegar. I ignored all the crazy amounts of butter and went with olive oil in normal amounts, and then added 4 chopped artichoke hearts and a quartered zucchini and cooked 'em a bit before adding the chicken stock and the chicken back to the pan. 

I would've taken pictures but I was too busy devouring the greatness. I will for sure be making this MacGyver-type concoction again.

2 comments:

Mini-Martha said...

sounds yummy. i like to improv cook too!

Annie said...

Like the new background!