My Bright Lights Chard (that's the leafy stuff with the orange, yellow, and magenta stems) is easily the best gardening investment I have ever made. I planted the stuff last February and it has weathered all the crazy Texas weather and is still going strong. In fact, I used a bunch of it today in a batch of spaghetti sauce :) I think the key to its survival has been the position in the garden. It's close to the house so it gets good shade/cool in the summer, and then in the winter it's in prime sunshine position.

I love love LOVE brussels sprouts (the top and bottom leafy things) and Kyle loves cabbage (the middle leafy things), so I thought I'd give them a shot in the garden.
baby garlics! These were the easiest things to plant - just shove a clove in the ground and after a couple weeks:
My lavender is doing really well, and I've planted a whole bunch of spinach, sorrel, and parsley. I moved a big hunk of germander to another section of the garden, and I'm considering either planting or moving my now-insanely-huge oregano and thyme to our sad little excuse for a shade garden.
I am looking forward to the weather warming up so I can take sweet A outside to play in the dirt :)


2 comments:
I just bought Tara about $40 worth of seeds for Christmas from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds... http://rareseeds.com
Your garden wanted me to tell you about it... :-)
that is one sexy seed website! thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment