5.23.2011

Step 1

If there's anything that I'm disorganized most about that makes me the most crazy, it's my complete inability to conceive of and execute a weekly dinner plan. I mean, the conception isn't that difficult. It's the execution. The get home work out relax(?) laundry tidy up feed child make dinner put child to bed in whatever order or permutation of help from my awesome hubs and mom it happens to happen. 

Case in point: it is 9:10pm and there's still 10 minutes to go on the eggplant parmesan.

Which brings me to my next point: Meatless Mondays! I have played around with vegetarian and veganism for awhile now and after getting the hell scared out of me by reading The China Study have decided to make a concerted effort to get my little family to eat less meat.

I absolutely worship eggplant parmesan. I don't care who makes it or where it's from (Campisi's though...mmm talk to me slowly) I adore it. So, it being Monday I decided to try out a recipe from my mom's old dusty 1970s cookbook with a screechy baby trying to be rocked to sleep in the next room. Is it just me or does the sound of your crying child make you lose brain cells and/or concentration as well? Anyway, I can't tell if the recipe was terrible or if my brain was just operating on half speed, but it's going to be done in 5 minutes and you best believe I'll be tweaking it because it will not. best. me.

So yeah - my goal for these next few weeks is to have a plan and carry it through. Wednesday: Chicken & Artichoke Enchiladas with Black Beans! Maybe I'll even give you my beans recipe. You can woo people with these beans, I'm not even lying.

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Alina said...

Way to go! Don't forget the crock-pot! It is a mommy's best friend! Seriously, if you're lacking in ideas for this wonder appliance, just google for some slow-cooker recipes and you're set!
I like making my spaghetti sauce in the crock-pot because it never burns and it tastes gourmet after a day on low. You can do beans, any kind of soup, and even lasagna (veggie-style if you like).
Also, if Addy is fussy or not sleepy yet, you can always put her in a back carrier and cook with her! That's how I get most of my dishes done, with Kyla in the Ergo.

Sorry for the unsolicited advice. It all translates to = I believe in you! There IS a way to get it all done and regain your sanity! :)

Kelli said...

If you come up with a good system, let me know!!