The other thing I've decided to focus on is who I am as a musician. I have guitars, a ukulele, a djembe, a mandolin, a piano, and a clarinet all in my house, along with a bunch of auxiliary percussion instruments. As a music therapist, I'd become kind of Jane-of-all-musics-master-of-few so what I want to dedicate my Monday blog posts to is music. Maybe it's the playing of, the listening to, or the attending of. My undergraduate degree concentrated in ethnomusicology, which is the study of world music, and what it means about me is that I want to know everything about every kind of music I can get my ears on - where it originated and by whom, the cultural significance, and the historical impact of it and how that style impacted the world at the time (and/or continues to).
If you want to get super geeky, you can check out my bilingual music therapy blog, which will dive deeper in to the cultural and neurolinguistics of music and why music therapy in general is just so very awesome.
But here, on Mondays at least, we're going to just talk about music.
1 comment:
Christina, I really dig this idea. I am excited to read the follow ups on this, and am looking forward to sharing in your process. Very cool stuff!
Wow, looking back at the comment I just wrote, I sound so lame. (Shrug)
Post a Comment