This past Wednesday, I had to give my body a break from the weird "vegetarian"-ness I endured while traveling, which included lots of beans, cheese (blegh) and seafood. When we got home, I laid on the couch for several hours moaning that I was dying (I maybe get a little over dramatic when I'm sick...) because I had a cold that I'm pretty sure I had gotten from the hubs.
I had endured raging cold sores on the bottom of my tongue, the right side of my cheek, and two on my bottom lip for the last week. Something was NOT right with my body. To make matters worse, on New Year's Day, I woke early EARLY in the morning feeling totally nauseous. So Wednesday morning I found a place nearby where I could get wheatgrass AND cucumber juice so I drank that all day, along with lots and lots of water. I broke fast that night with some green stir-fry, much less of a portion that I would usually eat. The next morning, folks, was amazing. I had nothing but green tea and fruit for breakfast and I was totally buzzing with energy. I thought that not eating for a day would be horrendous, but it was surprisingly refreshing and when I drank the wheatgrass and cucumber juice, I felt my body saying, "Ahhhhhhhh...." and smiling at me. I know you're supposed to break a fast with broth or something, so maybe I'll do that next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment