5.30.2008

Day 1.5

This morning was rather hectic - I freaked out because I had lost my keys and was supposed to run errands and drop off some books and things in Lewisville but after losing my car keys for a good hour (they were on the kitchen table under some napkins - doh) I just stayed home and waited for K to get home/have lunch/help me pack and decided it would be okay for me to send the books back tomorrow in the mail.

I made it to Austin around 4pm and set to work painting my room and getting everything put together - it took about five and a half hours to get the room painted, all my stuff moved in, the light switch and one outlet replaced (there are more to do but those two took too long, but I still feel like wonder woman 'cos I did those two ;op) I have a closet but no rod for my clothes so I'm living out of about four suitcases right now.

Carlos went running at Zilker and upon arriving back home informed me we had reservations at Kenichi at 10:30pm.  Why eat so late? I live with musicians, and the unfortunate thing for my upcoming eight-to-fiver is that we are ALL night owls.  We hopped on Carlos's motorcycle and all I could think of at first was all the statistics of head injuries and a client-to-be of mine at my internship that oops fell off the back of a truck one night and hit his head and now he's a not at all walking, barely talking individual because no I wasn't wearing a helmet.  But when we came over the hill on South 1st and the skyline stretched before us, I forgot everything except the exhilarating love I have for this city, for the opportunity to be here. I even for half a second forgot about how bummed I am that K isn't here with me, but it all rushed back rather quickly. Dinner was of course incredible, and then we walked down and had a double espresso at Halcyon.  After all that I have a hard time believing that things are going to be any more awesome.  I told C that us living together is going to be way more fun than it would've been when I was in college because I've grown up a lot.  I'm excited about being roomies with C and F - I've never lived with boys (except K) and have also never lived so closely with musicians.  It was cool earlier because I got to hear them rehearse and write music...it was a cool insight to the whole process. 

So tomorrow - C leaves on a trip and I'm going to hopefully get my room/the bathroom more up to working order.  I have dreams of running at Zilker and getting my bike fixed but seeing as it's 3:14 am it's looking less and less likely.  Saturday I'll be tubing it up with my NB boys and Sunday there may be a Bob Schneider show in the works.  Who knows.  Then I start my job MONDAY!  Crazy.

2 comments:

daina said...

you're having too much fun! Wear a flippin helmet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christina said...

haha thanks. My sister's going to freak.