8.28.2008

Crap it's not Wednesday anymore, is it?

Oh well - I blogged twice yesterday and this is probably going to be short anyway. I had a really crazy day today. It was LBJ Day *snicker* so at work we had half staff there doing fun stuff with the patients. I made some killer parfaits (Stoneyfield farms I heart your vanilla goodness) and then had some lunch (totally self-medicated via veggie burger, but that's a whole other blog post) then went to play with the kiddos where I told one that we'd be doing music therapy just me and him and he said, "OH MY GOD. CAN I HUG YOU? I'M GOING TO HYPERVENTILATE...CAN I HUG YOU?" It was cute, and yes it was the kid that yelled at me last week. Say some prayers, I'm going to need 'em.

Then I went BACK to specialty and then came BACK to play Catch Phrase with the older girls. Fabulous. Then I came home and passed out really hard until about 6:30pm, when I went to pick up Kate and work on the crossword, then go to yoga, then hang out with the fabulous Kelly Cline at the Speakeasy for some dancing (and free drinks from cute boys!)

I've been in an incredibly sad funk this week - part of it stems from reading the kids' charts, then the other day when one said they wanted me to adopt them and I've just really been (in a needy-girl kind of way) missing the heck out of Kyle. Being away from the one you love dearly is not at all a walk in the park, and I knew that going into this. It just hurts. And is halfway over.

1 comment:

daina said...

Yay for being half way there and doing such an awesome job!!!!!