11.12.2008

Kings of Leon

So, maybe I'm a little late to the game, seeing as the album Only By The Night was released September 23rd earlier this year.  I'd heard of the band, Kyle totally loves them, and as I love to hate bands he likes, hated them.  I can't really put a finger on why, maybe it was butted up too close to the latest dark and twisty Modest Mouse (yes his taste in music is excruciatingly cool. love that about him. and by love i mean hate.) but after watching Gossip Girl last night, my window into everything cool and fashionable, I made a date with myself at Waterloo Records for lunch the next day.  

Aaaaand I pretty much haven't stopped listening to the album ever since.  "Sex on Fire" is crazy catchy, hot, and I also really like the next track "Use Somebody" as well.  What I like most about the band is that they've got this simmering energy that reaches its climax only when the song is really ready to.  Plus, what's not to like?  They're a bunch of cute dudes making great music.

2 comments:

Suz said...

is it sad that when I read that someone else loves Modest Mouse, too, I squeal on the inside?

You're excruciatingly cool.

Unknown said...

I don't think I've ever heard a Kings of Leon song, even, but have heard this record is amazing. I must listen to it...